Choose WGES CleanSteps® WindPower & Help Philly Become the Nation’s #1 Green Power Community
What We Do:
Washington Gas Energy Services (WGES) provides low-cost natural gas, electricity and wind power to residential and business customers throughout Maryland, Virginia, Delaware, Pennsylvania and the District of Columbia. Our flexible terms and pricing options allow you to be in control of your budget.
Who We Are:
- WGES is one of the largest and most experienced retail natural gas and electricity suppliers in the Mid-Atlantic, serving more than 350,000 residential and commercial customers in the District of Columbia, Maryland, Virginia, Delaware and Pennsylvania.
- WGES supplies electricity to customers of the following electric utilities: Pepco (Maryland and D.C.), Delmarva Power (Maryland and Delaware), BGE (Maryland) and Potomac Edison (formerly Allegheny Power of Maryland), PPL Electric Utilities, PECO, Met-Ed and Penelec (Pennsylvania).
- WGES supplies natural gas to customers of the following gas utilities: Washington Gas (Maryland, D.C. and Virginia), Shenandoah Gas, Baltimore Gas & Electric (BGE), Columbia Gas (Maryland and Virginia), PECO Gas, UGI Utilities, Penelec and UGI Penn Natural (Pennsylvania).
- A pioneer in making green energy accessible, WGES had been offering wind power to the Mid-Atlantic region for almost a decade and in Pennsylvania since 2009. In 2011, the U.S. Department of Energy named WGES the Green Power Supplier of the Year in the non-utility category.
- In 2010, WGES launched WGES CleanSteps® Carbon Offsets, becoming the first energy supplier to match carbon offsets with a customers’ natural gas usage. Unique compared to other carbon offsets on the market, WGES’ product includes additional local benefits through contributions to the Carbon Reduction Fund managed by the Chesapeake Bay Foundation. These contributions support projects such as tree plantings within the Chesapeake Bay watershed.
- WGES' corporate headquarters, located in Herndon, Virginia, is certified in Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) by the US Green Building Council. In addition, WGES has a progressive telecommuting policy that saves over 3,680 gallons of fuel annually.
- WGES is an affiliate of Washington Gas, a natural gas utility in the Washington, D.C. metropolitan area for over 150 years. WGL Holdings, Inc. is the parent company of WGES and Washington Gas.
What We Offer:
- Competitive pricing options
- Flexibility with variable prices
- Stability with fixed prices
- Experience and proven reliability
- Knowledgeable customer service agents
- Green product options for both natural gas and electricity