Terms & Conditions of Site Use
Acceptance of Terms Through Use
As noted above, reproduction, copying, or redistribution for commercial purposes of any materials or design elements on this Site is strictly prohibited without the express written permission of WGL Energy. Permission is granted only when certain limited criteria are met. For information on requesting such permission, please send an Email to: WGLEnergy_info@WGLEnergy.com with the words "WGL Energy Permission Request" in the subject line, and include the following information in the body of the message.
- The WGL Energy content you wish to use.
- Where and how such content will be used (for example in a manual, a presentation).
- Where and how copies will be produced and distributed
- When you intend to publish the content.
- Other non-WGL Energy materials that will be associated with the WGL Energy content.
- Your name, title, company, address, email address, and telephone number.
In addition, please provide an example or mockup of the intended use, by sending a file attached to your email (in a format readable with a PC). We will need all of the above in order to evaluate your request. WGL Energy reserves the right to refuse permission to copy distribute, broadcast, or publish any of its copyrighted material.
User Comments, Feedback, Postcards and other Submissions
All comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to WGL Energy on or by this Site or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection with your use of this Site (collectively "Comments"), shall be and remain the property of WGL Energy. Such disclosure, submission or offer of any Comments shall constitute an assignment to WGL Energy of all worldwide rights, titles and interests in all copyright and other intellectual properties in the Comments. Thus, WGL Energy will own exclusively all such rights, titles, and interests shall not be limited in any way in its use, commercial or otherwise, of any Comments. WGL Energy is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any comments in confidence; (2) to pay to user any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments.
You agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will violate any right of any third party, including copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s). You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to the Site will be or will contain libelous or otherwise unlawful or abusive material.
Third Party Sites
This Site may link you to other sites on the internet. These other third party sites are not under the control of WGL Energy, and you acknowledge that WGL Energy is not responsible for the accuracy, copyright compliance, legality, decency or any other aspect of the content of such third party sites. The inclusion of such a link does not imply an endorsement of the third party site by WGL Energy or any association with its operators.
Warranties and Limitation of Liability
While WGL Energy uses reasonable efforts to include accurate and up-to-date information on this Site, it makes no representation as to the accuracy, timeliness or completeness of that information, and you should not rely upon it. In using this website, you agree that its information and services are provided "as is," "as available," without warranty, express or implied, and that you use this Site at your risk. Notwithstanding the foregoing, users may rely on posted offers to sell natural gas and/or electricity supplies to residential and small commercial customers in accordance with the terms and conditions and duration of such offers.
WGL Energy makes no representation that materials on this website are appropriate or available for use in other locations, and accessing them from territories where their contents may be illegal is prohibited. Those who choose to access this Site from other locations do so on their own initiative and are responsible for compliance with the local laws.
Use of Employment Section
You will not:
- Transmit any message, information, data, text, software or images or other materials ("Documentation") that is unlawful, harmful, threatening abusive, harassing, tortious, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, hateful, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable that may invade another's right of privacy or publicity.
- Impersonate any person or entity, including but not limited to a WGL Energy employee, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or an entity.
- Post or transmit any Documentation that you do not have the right to reproduce, display or transmit under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (such as nondisclosure agreements).
- Use the Site's communication features in a manner that adversely affects the availability of the Site's resources to other users, (e.g. post or transmit continuous, repetitive text).
- Post or transmit any unsolicited advertising, promotional materials, junk mail, spam chain letters, pyramid schemes or any other form of solicitation or any non-resume information such as opinions or notices, commercial or otherwise.
- Post any inaccurate, false or incomplete resume information or any resume information which is not your own accurate resume.
- Respond to any employment opportunity on the Site for any reason other than to apply for the job.
- Delete or revise any material posted by any other person or entity.
- Post or transmit any Documentation that contains a virus or corrupted data.
Upon request by WGL Energy, you agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless WGL Energy and other affiliated companies and their employees, contractors officers and directors from all liabilities, claims and expenses including attorney fees, that arise from your use or misuse of this Site. WGL Energy reserves the right, at its own expense, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by you, in which event you will cooperate with WGL Energy in asserting any available defenses.
Your are prohibited from violating or attempting to violate the security of the wges.com Site including but not limited to, (1) accessing data not intended for you, or logging in to a server or account which you are not allowed to access; (2) attempting to probe, scan or test the vulnerability of a system or network or to breach security or authentication measures; (3) attempting to interfere with service to any user, host or network, including but not limited to, by means of overloading, "flooding", "mail bombing", or crashing; or (4) sending unsolicited Email, including promotions or advertising of products or services, or (5) forging any TCP/IP packet header or any part of the header information in any Email or newsgroup posting.
Violations of the Site security may result in civil or criminal penalties. WGL Energy will investigate occurrences that may involve such violations, and cooperate with law enforcement authorities in prosecuting users who are involved in such violations.
Severability and Integration
WGL Energy reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to terminate your access to all or part if this Site with or without notice.
Permission to create a link to the WGL Energy Website, www.wglenergy.com, is granted upon compliance with the conditions described below. By creating a link to the WGL Energy Website, you agree to be bound by the terms stated herein. WGL Energy reserves the right to change these conditions at any time without prior notice, and compliance with such revised terms is a prerequisite to your continued right to link to the WGL Energy Website.
Links may be established to the homepage of WGL Energy website, or to any main section page or sub-section within, and/or any featured area of the site, by notifying WGL Energy by phone at 1-844-427-5945 or email at WGLEnergy_info@WGLEnergy.com, and providing the following information:
- Your name
- Name of Your Business (if applicable)
- Your Website home page address (URL)
- The address(es) (URL[s]) of all pages on your Website that will display the link to the WGL Energy Website
- Your mailing address
- Your e-mail address
- Your phone number
- Your fax number
When linking to the WGL Energy Website you may use only a text link. Use of the WGL Energy logo is prohibited. You must use hypertext only and it must be in the following form: "WGL Energy". Any variation without written consent from WGL Energy will result in immediate termination of your rights to link to the WGL Energy Website. When linking to the WGL Energy Website, you may not create a frame around the information provided from the WGL Energy Website or represent it differently in any way other than it is presented on www.wglenergy.com.
When linking to the WGL Energy Website, you may not state or imply that WGL Energy is endorsing you and/or any of the products or services that you or your organization provides. Additionally, you may not represent that you or your organization has a relationship with WGL Energy or any of the products or services that WGL Energy provides unless that relationship is the subject of a written agreement that has been signed by WGL Energy.
By linking to The WGL Energy Website, you acknowledge the following:
- WGL Energy holds the copyright to all materials on its Website. Further, unless otherwise indicated, WGL Energy owns all of the trademarks, service marks and logos ("Marks") used and displayed on its Website. Without the express written consent of WGL Energy, you may not copy, reproduce, display, republish, download, post or otherwise use any of the material or Marks from the WGL Energy Website on your Website or on another Website.
- The content of the WGL Energy Website is provided "as is" with no warranties or representations of any kind, and is subject to change at any time without notice.
- WGL Energy assumes no liability or responsibility whatsoever for any content of any Website that is linked to the WGL Energy Website.
- You agree to hold harmless WGL Energy, its officers and employees from all claims arising out of or related to your link to, or inability to link to, the WGL Energy website. If your link to the WGL Energy Website results in the need for servicing or repair of equipment or data, you agree to assume any costs thereof.
- WGL Energy reserves the right to terminate any links to its Website as it deems necessary, with or without cause or warning. If WGL Energy chooses to exercise this right, you will be required to remove your link to the WGL Energy Website immediately.
Terms & Conditions of Use last modified Jan 11, 2015